Friday, October 26, 2012

Telework in Your Self-Driving Car

To quote an U.S. Treasury executive visiting the San Francisco area from DC, "California drivers will run you off the road if you don't know where you're going". Yes, I agree, and I want to add that even if you do know where you're going, it's the 18-wheelers changing lanes at high speeds that cause me the most concern. After sharing the road with truckers for 2.5 hours a day for over 4 years on my work commute, I think I might want self-driving car:



Google predicts we'll be able to buy a self-driving car within the next decade. (First, they'll need to ensure that hackers will not be able to interfere with a driverless vehicle.) I doubt many people will actually need to "drive to work" in 10 years as many people will already be working via the Cloud with an internet connection - anytime, anywhere. They'll drive to visit other people and on the way to their destination they may or may not "work". In fact, their car may become a room, maybe an office or whatever kind of room they need - maybe a multi-purpose room that is designed to be transformable. I think that in this case I might want a metromorph car:



As for telework - look at the savings:


No comments:

Post a Comment