Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why Starbucks is Starbucks


Have you ever wondered why 
Starbucks is named Starbucks? 

Today I am celebrating the 161st anniversary of Herman Melville's novel, Moby Dick, 1851. For me, that means a trip to Starbucks. It is a tradition where I work to find good excuses to go to Starbucks because it is one of the few places where you can order a coffee drink and something to eat within walking distance. Today is a great reason - Starbuck is the chief mate of the ship in Moby Dick.

Coworker Kevan Gross at Starbucks
I recommend the pumpkin bread.

Today, Rick Corrigan and I had lunch at Ruby's in Emeryville. Also walking distance from our work, it was a lunch meeting to discuss the pros and cons of contracting and many virtues of blogging.

Ruby's Café in Emeryville

A veggie pocket at the Ruby's.




No comments:

Post a Comment