Sunday, October 14, 2012

"Life will beat you to your knees..."




"...It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"   - Rocky Balboa

I'm creative and a high achiever. Stopping creativity from flowing is like holding my breath - I just can't do it for any length of time... therefore, I often have a hard time realising that my personal life is out of balance. My manager, Margaret Tong, noticed how hard I have been working taking on extra projects. She reminded me that children grow up fast and that I need to make time for activities outside of the house and away from the computer. Like most people on a budget, it's hard to spend money on museum entrance fees, bridge tolls, parking, meals (not to mention "Twirl 'n Dip" rootbeer floats from the ice cream vendor in front of the museum), and childrens' souvenirs - especially when you are losing your job and especially in San Francisco where nothing is cheap or free! So, to finance my adventure, I finally sold a Persian rug on craigslist this morning which I had been advertising for a couple of weeks. This gave me the means to treat friends and family to the Cal Academy of Science in San Francisco today. We had so much fun! See my slideshow of our visit:


No comments:

Post a Comment