Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fall Harvest

"When something's difficult to come by, you'll do that much more to make sure it's even harder -if not impossible- to lose.” ― Sarah DessenAlong for the Ride

It's fall harvest time. My vegetable garden was small this year, but next year will be larger as I learn how to become better at organic farming. I don't want anything from my garden to go to waste, not even one tiny green pea. Not even the scrapings, nor the stems. I need to start composting to lessen waste and make my soil even richer for new crops.

fresh from garden: lettuce, tomato, cucumber - today's lunch
raspberries for dessert
just a few grapevines
grape harvest

I created this video of the Carneros region of Napa, it is a healthy place to live. It is like what i imagine heaven to be like (with friends, loved ones, angels)... I know of several people well into their 90s - they are my neighbors - and they are as agile as twenty-year-olds. Napa is only about 90 minutes from San Francisco if you need to go to a city. And just a few hours from Tahoe.



“Without music, life would be a mistake.”  
― Friedrich NietzscheTwilight of the Idols

No comments:

Post a Comment