Thursday, November 1, 2012

11 months to go...

The weather went from warm and sunny abruptly to fog, cold and rain. Time for me to start thinking about planting my winter garden. Soups, stews, and homemade bread...

This year, we planted peas, squash, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, pumpkins, and the beets, carrots and chard you see below:

Today's pick: Carrots and beets fresh from the garden.
All washed, peeled and ready to cook (I also grew chard).
Cooked slowly on low heat with olive oil and a little salt.

My goal is to have an herb garden as well. I would like to live as healthy mentally and physically as I can. Driving 2.5 to 3 hours a day in commute traffic is definitely a hindrance to sustaining good health. I do what I can: walk at break time and eat green salad for lunch... I use my free time at home to read and learn, create art. Doing what I can under the Industrial Age constraints of the workplace; not necessarily doing what I should (stop driving to work in 2012). I like this quote I found on the internet:

Keep walking, 
a little step or big step is of no importance, 
just the direction.
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment