Friday, May 16, 2014

Quotes I Luv

“ When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that's my religion. ” — Abraham Lincoln
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I
have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two
ideas." -- George Bernard Shaw

If you punish honesty, expect people to lie to you.
-unknown

"Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you."
-Ovid

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."
-Buddha

"Misery is comfortable. It's why so many people prefer it. Happiness takes effort. Also, courage.
"...let's pledge to do ...anything - add any skill, any improvement to your human tool set, and get good enough at it to impress people...."
Cracked

The case for trans-, rather than inter-, disciplinarity in graduate education has been made by educational researchers on the basis of expectations that “graduate students need to be educated for a diverse, technical, problem-oriented world that does not yet exist, which makes it imperative that they become self-directed, lifelong learners who can thrive and participate in collaborative environments with ever-changing disciplinary boundaries.” [link]

“If you want to keep a secret,” George Orwell advised in “1984,” “you must also hide it from yourself.”

"If you're not watching your money, it might be up to no good."

"People are tired of simple things, they want to be challenged." -Umberto Eco

"Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you ought some sweatpants." - Karl Lagerfield

"In England, everything is permitted, except what’s prohibited.
In Germany, everything is prohibited, except what’s permitted.
In France, everything is permitted, even what’s prohibited.
In the USSR, everything is prohibited, even what’s permitted."
-Winston Churchill

"Detachment is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you"—Ali ibn abi Talib


“I do not trust people who don't love themselves and yet tell me, 'I love you.' There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”

“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”

"Courage is the most important of all virtues, because without courage, you cannot practice any of the other virtues consistently."
- Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment